The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Google Reader

I just discovered Google Reader. There went an hour of my life.

__________________________

Has anyone ever studied/read/written about how early trails/roads were formed? After Lewis and Clark. And "slave labor" isn't the answer I'm looking for. seriously - How did people, riding horses get from Richmond to Charlottesville in TJ's time? Who "took charge" of clearing the space for a flimsy trail. Were the sign posts? How did people know the way over such distance? If you know - tell me. If you have extra time on your hands --- find out - and I'll give you a special prize.

I think I'm procrastinating.

___________________________

Happy Easter to all celebrating.

___________________________

to be continued...

2 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Answer to your question about roads:

http://www.virginiadot.org/vtrc/main/online_reports/pdf/76-r32.pdf

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Sarah PB & J said...

reveal your identity to me, and I'll pass that special prize along to you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home