The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Chilling with the Masters

As I was listening to NPR yesterday on the way to buy Henry's new bed (I'm attempting to reclaim my couch from doggie world), I heard the host of the show advertise their annual fundraising drive. For a $65 gift, the station will give you a CD, "Chillin with Beethoven." Wow. Beethoven's probably laughing right now. Beethoven had serious social difficulties - cloistered himself, fought with his family. Though recognized as a genius, he was socially awkward and perceived as odd. To think that people are now choosing (in fact paying $65) to "chill" with him is kind of funny.

A quick google search also led me to this . Bach for Barbecue: Grillin' and Chillin' with Johann Sebastian. Marketing. oh marketing.

________________________

Also, I REALLY want to write about this. But the prohibition against writing about politics in this blog prevents me. (See Day 1)(How's that for censorship?) Catch me in person, and we'll talk.

_________________________

to be continued...

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to read the fine print to realize that 95% of doctors DO pay their taxes...let's do that study for lawyers. Momma, MD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home