The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Mikes in my life

I missed con law last Friday. (Dad: I had a decent excuse. really.) This means that I didn't get today's reading.

Last night, a section mate sends around an e-mail to a few of us with a request for the reading assignment. But, clearly, I'm of no help. I shoot her an email: Can you forward the assignment to me once someone sends it to you?

It's 11am today. Class is in 2.5 hours. Still no word on the assignment. Low and behold, I notice that one of my section mates, Mike is on-line. G-mail chat becomes the savior of the day. "Hey Mike," I write, "what's the con law reading for today?" A few minutes go by. "uh Sarah," writes Mike, "I have no idea what your con law reading is for the day. Why would I know?"

I check the name. This was Mike-from-Swarthmore I was writing to, not Mike-my-section-mate. Great job Sarah. I let Mike-from-Swarthmore off the hook for not knowing my conlaw assignment. And take off in search of someone who might know.

I strike up a chat with the right Mike, Mike-my-section-mate. "Hey Mike, what's the con law reading for today?" "No idea" he replies. Instantly, I'm calmed by the fact that it's not 2 hours before class and there's someone else who has no idea what the reading is. But this serenity doesn't last too long. I really can't wait much longer for the assignment. So I decide to send an e-mail to the entire section.

"Hey section, what's the con law reading for today?" Thankfully three section mates respond with the reading. Being the good section mate, I forward the assignment on to the woman who had e-mailed me last night and Mike.

Not two minutes later I get an e-mail from another-law-student-Mike asking, "Sarah, why did you send me your con law reading for today?" I had sent the assignment to the wrong Mike.

Parents should come up with more unique names.

___________________________

to be continued...

2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could certainly give you some suggestions...since yesterday I have seen a Demariayea, a Demetric, a Zamaiah, and Andy told me that his favorite boys' name is "Rex." But I would seriously consider (especially in our family) "Bennet" since that is Mary B's name and call the little dude "Ben." Love, Mom

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger kentuckienne said...

Speaking as someone who has to give her birthdate every damn time she gets a prescription filled, I thoroughly agree! I might as well be called Jane Doe. Growing up, there was another ky_expatriate at my pediatrician -- with the same birthday! Augh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home