The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Saturday, March 24, 2007

the joys of terry cloth bath robes

After I got out of the shower this morning (more accurately: midday), there was a lot I wanted to do. Sit with the Post and a cup tea, unload the dishwasher, call Christine and Jeremy about getting together this afternoon, and just generally relax. What I didn't want to do: get dressed. I think this desire to abstain from clothing was my way of easing into the day. In putting clothes on, I would be committing to what I was doing for the day. Shorts and a t-shirt to lounge around in. A spring skirt to go to Ash Lawn, or jeans to sit in Barnes & Noble. (I have this irrational thing about not changing clothes in the middle of the day...) That all said, I really didn't want to prance around my apartment naked. It might scare Henry (and my neighbors :)).

What I needed: a terry cloth bath robe to wrap myself in. Soft and plushy. Clean and white. It would have been the perfect garmet to spend the early afternoon in.

I eventually threw on a cotton dress (versital choice - good for hanging out at Christine's, board games at Clare's, and Jason's party tonight) and went about my day.

At the dog park this evening though, this huge St. Benard named Hogan decided it would be a good idea to drool all over my legs. So back in the shower I went. Upon exiting,for the second time today, my mind immediatly turned to that terry cloth bath robe and how fabulously comfortbale it would be.

My mom has two "guest" bathrobes in the spare room of the new house. She might want to keep close tabs on them when I go home next time...

_____________________________

to be continued...

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger kentuckienne said...

I know what you mean -- many's the day when I've sat around in my pajamas, rather than commit to any given outfit. Of course, pjs are damn comfortable, too....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home