The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happy Birthday! (not to me)

First, before I forget (I'm horrible with date-related things): Happy Birthday to my little bro! Well he's not quite so little, towering over me - and now 19 years old. Gasp. I had this "great" idea to get a group of my friends together, dress up as clowns and go wake him up at 7 am with balloon animals and squeeking horns. But someone wiser than me convinced me that might not be the best birthday present. I tried suggesting that the clowns bring a cake, but that didn't seem to redeem the idea either.

______________________________

Last night, instead of doing the huge property assignment, I went to bed. Since spring break, this has been all too frequent of an occurrence. I'm not quite at the stage where I'm not doing the work; I did wake up to read it this morning. But, any motivation to read my casebooks closely has flown out the window.

I don't think I'm alone here. To get my property done, I had to get school this morning around 6am. Earlier in the semester, there would already be at least 3 or 4 other people in the reading room at that time. But today - I was the first. The next guy didn't show up for another hour and ten minutes. Though I recognize the flaws in my logic, I'm going to attribute that to the fact that the entire school has lost interest in doing anything law related.

I'm hoping to get myself out of this rut before I need to start studying/preparing for exams (read: this weekend).

_______________________________

to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home