The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Libel Show

Tickets for the Libel Show (the annual mockery of the law school/professors in musical format) went on sale today. The line was ridiculously long, and tickets sell out, some shows on the first day of sales. Additionally, they assign seats, so you have to buy tickets with the people you want to go with so that you can sit together.

I can only go Wednesday, because I'll be out of town for the other shows. So I work my way through the line keeping my eye out for Wednesday people who I would enjoy sitting with. I find Emily, and we stand in line together. I don't have money on me, so we arrainge this scheme where she'll get my ticket for me, and I'll pay her back. (Not really a scheme, per se. But scheme's a much better word than plan.) We get closer to the top of the line.

The conversation turns to ushers - and how if the ushers were good there wouldn't need to be this seat assigning, and people wouldn't have to buy tickets together. The whole process would be simpler.

Then it hit me.

Last week, I had signed up to be an usher. for Wednesday.

I was standing in line for a ticket I already had.

Stupid Sarah.

_______________________________

to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home