The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Where the Sidewalk Ends

Last day at work. And I'm not doing any work. Sweet. I've spent the past few days organizing my files - trying to get everything to a position where the new paralegals who take over my cases will have some idea of where to find documents and what the cases are about. Don't know how successful I was. G posted to the ladies' night forum about how graduation was a full year ago - I thought that this year in DC would drag on and on. How wrong I was. There was the move to DC, the 4th of July and all it's trappings, the learning curve at Winston slowing, the fall and the burglary, the breaking of the lease and the ensuing landlord tenant dispute (which, as budding lawyers, E and I won), I moving in with us, London, my class, and now Russia. Whew!

I told on of the admin services people that I see off an on today that I was leaving Winston. His response was, "oh that's good - you're moving on... You've been here for awhile right?" Nope - only 9 months. But I understand now how people stay in not-so-hot jobs for a long time. Cause it really doesn't feel that long at all.

____________________________

Slowly it's dawning on me that I'll be in Russia in 4 days. oh yeah.

____________________________



Here's a pic from my trip to paddle the Tidal Basin with M. (I'm in the foreground wearing an orange lifejacket. In the background is the basin and the Washington Monument -- beautiful blue sky too) Good times. (You can see that I'm already getting good use out of my digital camera....)

____________________________

Going to pick up my ISIC card during lunch today. Lucked out there. Moscow participants got their homestay info today... Still waiting for mine. Will be sending out an e-mail with my info shortly.

____________________________

If you're in DC and don't know the location for tomorrow's "going away happy hour" - e-mail me.

____________________________

to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home