The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Monday, April 16, 2007

Don't Procrastinate

Don't Procrastinate. The Gods will Spite You.
I spent most of the weekend not doing work. Though I had set out to write my Federalism paper and actually learn something about covenants - by Sunday night I hadn't even cracked a book. Yes I had somewhat decent excuses, but the fact remained - no work had been done. No problem I say to myself. I'll just make some tea, and stay up for the majority of the night. So I crack my laptop and get working. Then the power goes out. Great. (For those of you not in the Charlottesville/east coast area - there was a whopping storm here yesterday. Trees are down everywhere... Inches of rain. Flooding. Disaster. you get the idea.) I decide to use my battery until it runs out and then figure I'll walk up to school. The doors to school are locked (I've tried six or seven times to get my ID card cleared to open the doors after hours - but can't seem to get it to work. ah technology). Back home I go. To bed I go. Work? Still not done. Boo. Serves me right.

Don't Procrastinate. The Landlord will Spite You.
April 1st. Al's Birthday. April Fool's Day. Day My Rent Check is Due. I remembered the first. For the second, I laughed at Google's Spoof. I forgot the third. Flat out forgot. It was the 4th before I remembered. Ironically, I also spoke with my landlord on the telephone that day - apologized and promised that my check would be in the mail that day. But then I procrastinated. It was the 7th before it left my apartment. This past Saturday, I get a little notice in the mail: late fee. due. pay up. Boo. Serves me right.

Don't Procrastinate. The Bike will Spite You.
My bike (a beautiful Trek 7100 :)) has needed a spring tune up. The gears are a bit dry and hard to shift, the seat loose (even before we tried to lower it, Dave), and the tires low. I procrastinated. Saturday morning, after I carried the bike down the stairs, and had put my helmet on, I noticed my rear tire was flat. Yuck. Gotta take it to the bike shop. Should have done that earlier. You got it: Boo. Serves me right.

_____________________________

to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home