The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Saturday, April 28, 2007

My List

I got home from school today and noticed my cell phone blinking on the kitchen counter (I normally have it with me, but accidently left it at home today...) I listen to the message. It's Aunt Mary B.

"When you're in Flordia, do you want to swim with dolphins?"

Now. This may sound like an odd question to have on your voicemail on a random Friday afternoon. But oh how it made my day. You see. I have a list of things to do before I die.

I wrote it out at some point in middle or early high school. Keep a garden. Have a child. Write a thesis (check). Run a marathon (so close!). Fill a passport with stamps (close here too). Learn Greek. and - Swim with dolphins. (For the record, there are other things on the list too. This is just a sampling :))

So, if things go as planned, I'll be swimming with dolphins** in 2 weeks' time - it'll be my reward for finishing exams. Which brings me to my next point:

___________________________________

Exams start Monday. It might be awhile until I post again. But keep checking back, I'll probably be making a strong attempt at effective procrastination.
___________________________________

**I'm preempting my fellow Swattie's/other animal-friendly friends' comments that swimming with captive dolphins is usually bad for the dolphins and not often a good experience for humans and that I'd be contributing to an industry that some should say shouldn't exist at all. I'm not really going to defend this irrational desire of mine - or tell you that it's good. But just that I realize the debate exists and that I've decided to ignore it for the 15 minutes I'm in the water with the animal(s) and the probably-quite-large-sum-I'll-be-handing-over-for-the-privlege-of-doing-so.
___________________________________

to be continued...

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

If you are pregnant, the dolphins can sense it, hear the extra heartbeat with their sonar stuff, and they will make a circle around you to protect you. Now that sounds totally awesome.

But still, cool even without being pregnant. And I certainly wouldn't wish you pregnancy in two weeks.

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Wild Colors said...

Along the lines of not wishing you pregnancy, this hopefully won't *actually* bring you any closer to death...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home