The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

No More Snow Days

The era of snow days is ending. And I don't just mean for post-secondary school students.

In class yesterday, my professor announced, "if there's too much snow on the ground Wednesday, and I can't get to school, I will post the lecture, on-line. So be prepared to log into the course website and listen in." No day off for us. At least he won't be able to cold call. Ah technology.

But, it's only a matter of years (when every household has a computer and reliable internet access) before second-grade students are inside learning how to multiply instead of outside building snowmen. What a sad world that will be.

____________________

to be continued....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home