The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Listmania

Things I'll miss:

1. a piano in the apartment
2. METRO that runs every 45 seconds
3. Long escalator rides good for people watching
4. having a laid back attitude towards class
5. my proximity to Svetlana
6. finding creative ways to work around words you don't know in conversation ("The fruit with the small black dots.")
7. Getting news 3 days before the States (you know Condi's "Secret" trip to Beirut? we know she was going Friday...)
8. Seeing New Kids on the Block paraphinalia
9. Kasha and Nina's pirogies
10. My quiet walk to the institute each morning
11. CDs for 90 RR

_________________________________

Things I'm looking forward to:
1. English
2. my own place
3. cooking for myself/fresh fruits and veggies
4. cars that yield to pedestrians
5. Toilet seats and toilet paper in all bathrooms
6. spicy food
7. ease of keeping in touch with friends/family
8. the relative lack of mullets
9. my bike
10. "real" showers
11. easy access to a computer
12. quick trips to the post office (it took 20 minutes for the woman to put stamps on 4 postcards today - I thought I was going to die....)

_____________________________

To do:
1. Museum of the great patriotic war
2. Banya
3. Economic convention
4. lunch with R. Marc
5. meeting Blinchik
6. White house
7. buy a few more gifts...

_____________________________

to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home