The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Two Sara(h)s

My brown pants have a competitor.

On my way back from yoga this morning, I saw a sign for a yard sale. As I was in no rush, I pulled over, chained my bike to a post and wander through the front yard of this house.

The five people manning the sale greet me enthusiastically and proudly show off what they've got for sale: a printer, some luggage, dinning room table and chairs, some clothes. I do a double take. There, on top of the pile of clothes, is a pair of worn grey-blue drawstring pants. I hold them up. they look like a perfect fit. Sitting in an adarondak chair behind the clothes is a woman, Sara, who says, "I loved those pants, but now, (pointing to her very pregenant stomach), they don't fit anymore... You should take them."

A fifty cent price tag. Sold I said. only - I didn't have my wallet. So I dig through the bottom of my bookbag looking for change. I come up with two dimes, five pennies, and 2 five-cent pieces from Grenada that Geoff had given me. I make my offer. All five of the chuckle, accept my offer, and I walk off with the pants. Sweet.

A good day indeed.

___________________________

Wedding 3 was last night. Sarah (www.soimarriedapriest.com) looked beautiful. What a happy bride. I'll post as soon as I get a chance.

____________________________

to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home