The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Friday, May 11, 2007

What a sad life

After finishing my exam, I had that it's-been-too-long-since-you've-eaten-headache. I set out to get some food. Realizing I didn't have my wallet on me, I counted the change at the bottom of my bag. 12 cents. That wasn't going to get me very far.

I made a quick tour around the law school looking for free food, and surprisingly, found none. I didn't run into anyone I knew either. But I did see the Book-buy-back-man. I raced to my locker, pulled out the legal research and writing books (which haven't been cracked since Week 1 of law school) and handed them over. He said they were worth $3. Enough to buy a granola bar. Sold.

Ah, selling books to feed yourself. Better than selling you body, though. But still sad.

___________________________

to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home