The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Saturday, July 08, 2006

241 USD and a Blackened Hand

What can you do with $241?

1. A cruise to nowhere
2. 100+ hours at an internet cafe (didn't bother to actually calculate this one)
3. A new pair of designer jeans (or maybe 2 or just 1/2)
4. 5 star/4 course dinner for 2 in NYC
5. a Visa to Belarus

I got number 5. Rush service, invitation, the visa itself, and a "fake hotel" room for 3 nights (had to get the invitation). I should be able to pick up the visa Monday afternoon or Tuesday. Here I go.

I'll be leaving Moscow the evening of the 14th and see Svetlana the afternoon of the 15th! I'll head out of Belarus the 18th. Don't know if I'll spend time in Minsk too - depends on Sveta's schedule, I guess. Too bad my hotel room is fake. There's always a hostel.

Gotta start keeping better track of my finances though...
________________________

Metro doors are not like elevator doors. They do not sense objects. They just smoosh. I was getting on the subway (after a great birthday party for Stephanie!) and it was quite crowded. Kyle was behind me and I was trying to keep him with the group. I reached my hand back so he could grab it, but the doors had different ideas. They closed quite suddenly and with great force. My hand was trapped. Kyle was left in the station. Thankfully, I was able to pull my hand free, but the entire metro car laughed at me. At the moment, my hand's quite black. But all fingers are moving appropriately and everything in intact. Ah Russia.

________________________

I realized I hadn't posted pictures recently. I'll try to do that Monday or Tuesday.

________________________

Heading off to the Treatikov Gallery now :) Group excursion.

________________________

to be continued...

1 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger Sarah PB & J said...

Svetlana -- a good friend of mine (who I haven't seen in ~10 years) lives in a small town in the southwest of the country. It'll be about a 17 hour train ride - but I'll see the Belarussian countryside!

Congrats on your mom and the wedding! Enjoy the day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home