The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Bread Museum

Ok --- most of you will (if you don't already) think I'm crazy, but I was really excited about St. Petersburg Bread Museum. (SCN should get this right away.)

St. Pete also has a Chocolate museum, which seems to interest most if not all of my Arizona companions - though I was drawn to the lesser known Bread Museum.

First a story: When SCN and I were traveling through Italy, we took time (and 8 euros) to wander through the Pasta Museum. Now let me tell you about this museum. It was awesome. Seriously :) Pasta making, pasta propaganda, pasta memorabilia, pasta folklore, pasta samples (I might be making this one up...) It's what I remember most about our trip.

So, when I was glancing through the St. Pete guide and saw there was a Bread Museum - it was top on my list. I tried to convince the Arizonaites to join me ---- how awesome the Bread Museum would be. But they said bread was boring and that a chocolate museum was more worthy of a visit than a bread museum. So off to the chocolate museum they went.

But I was determined to get to the Bread Museum. So, after classes today, I, by myself, in spite of endless mockery for my interest in the Bread Museum, hightailed it over to the Bread Museum. After walking cross-city (there's the exercise for the day), I got to the address to find it closed for renovations.

I have to admit, the excitement of my ability to read the Russian sign without my dictionary temporarily drowned out the immense sorrow of the situation. But only for a moment. I was soon overcome with grief. My beloved Pasta (oops - Bread) Museum was closed for 3 months. Maybe this is fate telling me nothing can ever top Rome's Pasta Museum - and saving me from incredible disappointment. But for now, I'll just accept the bitter truth - and head over to the Chocolate Museum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home