The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Ramen Heaven

So I've written before about adversitiments (and them being priamrly for the arts) but now I want to write about ramen. Yep. Ramen.

I was watching the World Cup last night on TV (and not just because you, BP prompted me too... It was a house bonding thing), and there was a commerical on for beef-ramen. Now first you have to understand that I'd been sick most of the day (even skipped classes -- gasp!) and hadn't eaten much. But it was about 9pm and I was craving food. But I didn't know what. Ice cream - net. potato chips - non. But then this commercial for ramen. Immediately, I knew. Yes! Yes! Ramen! Now! Feed Me!

And then I got to thinking. Ok - the ad was for beef ramen, but maybe they make veggie ramen. So I throw on some shoes, and call to my Russian mom (an oppertunity to practice the grammer - and my Russian intonation (damn my phonetics teacher)), "Is the grocery store still open?" "For another hour" she replies. And I'm off.

I, remembering that I had seen ramen earlier in the store, go directly to the Ramen counter (see earlier post about Russian grocery stores). And lo and behold, ramen c gribami - Ramen (you got that) with mushrooms. I was estatic. One please, I request. For 14 rubles (about 45 cents), I was in heaven. Got home. Boiled water. Waited 3 minutes (paced the house while waiting), and devoured. It was perfect. And advertising works. Yum.

____________________________

It's 34 degress celcius here (this equals rediculously hot), humid, and sticky. We live in sweat. And Russians don't like deodorant. Or A/C (rather - it's just usually -20C - so they don't need it.) I've succomed to the fact that I too will be sweaty, and smell. And life is good.

____________________________

I also found a phone card to call the states with - that's an amazingly good deal. $3 for 90 minutes. So - if any of you want to e-mail me your numbers again for a call from the Motherland, go ahead :) (AAB has my American cell for the summer so I've lost access to those numbers...)

____________________________

to be continued...

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Sarah PB & J said...

I read as well as I could. There wasn't any chicken, beef, or pork in it. Other meat (with names I don't know) - maybe. But it was good. Yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home