The Life of Sarah PB&J

Musings on my life post grad school and peanut butter... (NB: the archives also contain musings on Russia, law school, and still more peanut butter)

Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'm off to see the wizard

I'm down to my last 13 days of work (who's counting?) Every one knows I'm leaving at this point - and every one knows I'm going to UVA Law. And, every one is a lawyer. So they all give me their advice. Which is much appreciated. (Additionally, it lets me slack off for the half hour that they are advising me :))

It's also comforting that I keep hearing the same advice: grades matter, make it like a 9-5 job, and you'll be fine, write your own outlines, do what you need to do - don't get caught up in other people's stresses/competition etc, go to all your classes.

So here's an open call to those of you already in law school - any other pointers you want to share? Not that this is your final opportunity to advise me...

_____________________

Making a trip during lunch today to pick up my ISIC card (going to try to get one off my U of Toronto ID) and some rubles. There have been all these e-mail threads on the ARA listserv about money and cell phones, international calls, laundry, schedules and classes, extra curricular, insurance. Other students are really thinking a lot about the trip, and trying to plan for anything/everything. I've taken a laissez-faire attitude towards the whole trip. Maybe because it won't be my first time abroad, or my first study abroad program. Maybe because I don't need the credit and am just going for the experience... Don't know. But part of me has begun to think, "It might be a good idea to acquire some rubles - what if my ATM card doesn't work in Russia...."

I also called the Russian Culture Institute to see if they were offering a Russian refresher course over the next month. It be nice if I remembered a bit more of the language before I hoped on a Russian carrier and landed myself in St. Petersburg. But I'm refusing to pay $70/session for private lessons. So I'll study on the plane :)

_______________________

This is DC yoga week. Lots of studios are offering REALLY cheap or free yoga classes. I've managed to go to several of them (leaving my body really sore). Though there's this supposedly awesome (and free) class up in Dupont each day. But it's at 6:15. I've tried to get up every morning to go to it - but rolled back in bed instead. Oh well. There's only so much I can do.

________________________

to be continued....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home